Dogfooding - Reviewing how I add images to the site
While pulling together the Pedernales Falls hiking post, I realized my process for creating and adding images (or really any content) to the site needed to change.
Process to create content for website:
- Ingest and review
- (opt.) Edit
- Convert to compressed web formats
- Upload to CMS (AWS S3)
- Link to page
Convert to Compressed Web Format(s)§
We have this really cool utility,
cwebp. It works great. It's distributed as a binary for x86, and
seemingly limited to running on a local PC.
- On PC: Bulk-renaming would be nice -- Is there a utility for this?
- On PC: Do we have a naming convention for tracking image files?
- Be aware: original, orig. quality w/ smaller pixel size, smaller pixel size w/ compressed (webp), thumbnail, blur thumbnail?
- How do we bulk compress using